The aim of this public lecture is to give students basic knowledge about the EU in the world. This is a cycle of public lectures divided into the following parts:
- European Union-African Union Cooperation
- European Union and the Arctic
- European Union and Democracy – Best Practices for the External World
- The Future of the Euro in a Global Monetary Context
- The Position of the EU in Global Trade
- Economic Diplomacy in the European Union’s External Relations
The first lecture will give students basic information about the positon of the EU in global policy and economy. Then, during the course, we will focus on more specific issues like the roots of the EU-African cooperation, the present issues and the future of EU-African relations. We will discuss the historical and current engagement of the EU in Arctic-related matters and the EU’s relations with Switzerland. We will also discuss the economic issues like the future of the euro, the position of the EU in global trade and the economic diplomacy as a tool of foreign policy.