The main objective of the planned research is to investigate the synergy of EU external actions in the contested global order. It is important to understand the (in)coherence in the differentiated integration in Europe, its sources and mechanisms. It is going to be a multi-factor analysis trying to confront the economic and political determinants affecting the differentiation and (dis)continuity. The planned research takes an innovative attitude, different from the traditional one, which means that the existing theoretical models will have to be modified. Furthermore, in order to continue and ensure such discourse and best practice sharing, research is needed into how the ability to participate is to be anchored in European education as its necessary ingredient.
The main aim of this research part will be to map the dynamics of the European Union’s diplomatic relations and strategic partnerships with non-EU countries, especially with regard to:
- Peace building – using political, economic and practical support
- Ensuring security – especially under the Common Security and Defence Policy
- Development and humanitarian aid and crisis response
- Maintaining good relations with the EU’s neighbours within the context of the European Neighbourhood Policy
- Exploring implementation of the key priorities of the EU Global Strategy